SOCIAL MEDIA HAS GIVEN EVERYONE A VOICE AND A PLATFORM TO SHOWCASE CREATIVITY WITH THE MOST AFFORDABLE BUDGET. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU AND AD AGENCIES TODAY?
Ever heard the line “the world is a global village?” yes I am sure you have, although I don’t think that fully catches the extent of interconnection the digital age has ushered into today’s ecosystem. So if you ask me, I would say the world is a huge living room. Everyone is just there going about their daily lives but also having the ability to reach anyone and everyone in the world at one spot. So this is me seizing the platform to say hello to you over in Mauritius.
So why aren’t you putting out content?
According to Domo’s Data Never Sleeps 5.0 report, the amount of data we produce daily is truly mind-boggling as it amounts to over 2.5 quintillion bytes.
• More than 3.7 billion humans use the internet globally (that’s a growth rate of 7.5 percent over 2016).
• On average, Google now processes more than 40,000 searches EVERY second (3.5 billion searches per day)!
• Worldwide there are 5 billion searches a day across search engines, whilst 77% are done using Google.
On social media, the stats also can be overwhelming but every minute:
• Snapchat users share 527,760 photos
• More than 120 professionals join LinkedIn
• Users watch 4,146,600 YouTube videos
• 456,000 tweets are sent on Twitter
• Instagram users post 46,740 photos
Of all of these amazing stats generated by digital platforms today, how much of it is generated by you? Why aren’t you putting out content, scratch that, why aren’t you putting out GREAT CONTENT?
In today’s world, if you aren’t putting out content you aren’t living in this living room unless you aren’t interested in eating pie at the table.
What does this mean for agencies?
As individuals continually harness the power of digital media and other disruptive technology they’ll gather attention and eventually transform into a one man ad agency. This we have already begun to see with the rise in influencer marketing as they have carved a niche for themselves and connect with the desired audience in real time.
In other words, these individuals will take agency clients.
Ad agencies who preceded the digital era have the responsibility to learn the newer and more disrupting tools that agencies who were born into the digital era are using to win clients.
In this living room, your ability to attract people to you would earn you the biggest slice of pie at the dinner table.