VERY SOON YOUR MOBILE PHONE WILL BLOW YOUR MIND.
Well, it’s no longer news that mobile phones are becoming smarter with every new model. Did you ever use the Nokia 3310 or the first iPhone? If you did and you currently have the newest version of the Nokia or iPhone or any other brand, then you will truly understand the meaning of progress. The mobile phone industry has been seen to constantly evolve and showcase an unparalleled hunger for innovation to seamlessly improve the lives of the end user. With that being said, let’s take a peek into a few things we should expect in just a few years from now.
A large number of features were on display at the mobile world congress 2018 and in this piece we have chosen to highlight a few that with almost joggle your mind.
1. Your phone will charge itself: well it’s about time. Get ready to throw all the chargers you have away as you will not need them in the nearest future. It is certain that one major complaint mobile phone users have, is that of battery power. The battery dies way too fast which then makes you carry a charger around. Good news is, researchers are exploring solutions such as nanobatteries, hydrogen fuel cells, solar power and even kinetic energy — meaning your phone will charge as you move around. How great is that?
2. Everything is going virtual: at the moment phone companies are designing phones with bigger screens but still leave at least one button –the home button on the device. The phone for the future will be all screen, there’ll be no back, side or front –all screen. Phones will use virtual buttons and virtual assistants will get smarter as they will be required to play a bigger role in helping navigate through the device.
3. Your phone will be foldable: this may be a little difficult to believe but, it’s coming. Mobile phones have become more durable, flexible and even lighter, but we are yet to see a phone that’s foldable. I would like to see this for the fun of it.
4. Say bye bye to the bezel: this trend is here to stay. You must have observed that newer phones come with trimmed edges and its showing no sign of slowing down. The bezel-lessness gives the phone a sleek outlook.
5. Say hello to the 5G: we are still basking in the euphoria of the 4g network and haven’t exploited its full potential, yet 5g is warming up to make a grand entrance. Your phones will get faster as there will be need for faster processors.
The mobile phone is now seen as an inseparable extension of you as it currently does almost everything for you, so it’s only natural for it to improve to suit your ever growing need for ease and comfort. Plus I’m uploading this article from my mobile phone while sitting and enjoying a glass of something nice.