Curating Culture

BRANDS ARE FIXING TO TAKE THE FRONT ROW IN CURATING CULTURE – TAKING THE MANTLE FROM ENTERTAINMENT IN CURATING POPCULTURE

Source: Unsplash

Source: Unsplash

2019 is a year that will herald the massive disruptions that will take place in years to come. The upswing of trends and disruptions, hashtags, and conversation seen in the previous year is just the beginning of things to come. With the increasing internet and mobile penetration in Africa and increasing interconnectedness amongst the healthy youthful population in Africa; we are set to see a cluster of trends; it is forecasted that by 2050 Africa will account for over 40% of the world’s youth population, plus, report has it that only 24% of the African youth population are connected and plans are underway to connect the remaining 76%. Imagine what could happen when this happens.

Source: Unsplash

Source: Unsplash

With these growing trends, businesses are tasked with the responsibility of battling the noise to come and as such they have chosen to no longer wait for popculture icons to create trends, rather they have chosen to take matters into their own hands. This way brands and businesses can effectively create their own niche and encourage loyalty amongst their customers.

This is surely going to be a jolly good ride to see brands falling over themselves to create the next big thing.

TINK will be here watching this very closely.