Like Clark Kent and Peter Parker; African has hidden its inner Superman and Spiderman for far too long and now it’s coming out.
Africa has a few things brewing in every facet of the economy and its superpowers are coming to the fore, therefore making Africa a contender for the world power spot in a couple of years. Over time, Africa has been referred to as poverty stricken, war torn, and corrupt but we are beginning to see a change in that narrative as everything is taking a different turn.
The ease of doing business in Africa has been greatly improved due to its superpowers and as such has been able to attract global attention in terms of investments and other interests.
I’m sure you are itching to know what these superpowers might be, well here you go:
1. Large youthful workforce: Africa’s youth population is steadily on the rise and this growth rate has forced the improvement of several sectors in order to cater for the increase.
2. Technological adoption: Africa is embracing technology better than ever before and with tech comes advancements. We are no longer lagging in this front.
3. According to the book “Africa’s Business Revolution: How to Succeed in the World’s Next Big Growth Market” released by McKinsey, Africa has well over 400+ companies in Africa with revenues over $1 billion
4. Same report as 3 above showed that Africa has a total of $1.4 trillion in consumer spending—more than in India – and is set to grow
5. Literacy rate is set to climb: despite infrastructural concerns, Africa is taking steps to improve its educational systems.
The continent has set sail to rug shoulders with every BRICS ATATF So like Superman and Spiderman, Africa is positioning itself to save the world.